Human Resources may be the most misunderstood of all departments, but it's also the most necessary. Human Resources is not only responsible for hiring and firing, but also handle contacting job references and administering employee benefits. It's true that in Human Resources everyone must be a "people's person". Since anyone in this department deals with a number of employees, as well as outside individuals, on any given day, a pleasant demeanor is a must. Managing employees is a major job. So those in Human Resources must be equal to the task.
Today's Human Resources personnel don't handle only small administrative tasks. They are responsible for staffing major corporations. This is no minor feat. It's not enough to be able to screen potential employees, however those who work in Human Resources also have to be able to handle a crisis in a smooth, discreet manner whatever be the issue. The Human Resource makes sure all employees are comfortable with their surroundings and working under acceptable, if not above average conditions.
1. To do the job analysis and to identify the manpower requirement in the St.Mary's Group of Institutions, as per the division, department, section, etc.
2. To evaluate and to finalise the JD and JS for the positions in different departments in consultation with the concerned HODs, Directors, Principals.
1. To undertake the entire recruitment process and develop a database through advertisements, inviting applications, mining through Job Portals, sourcing from references,headhunting and thereafter shortlisting the candidates, etc.
2. To carryout & supervise the selection process of the short listed candidates. Coordinate & Conduct interviews along with the subject experts from our college or from outside.
3. To arrange demos and final interviews with the Secretary. To discuss, design and finalise the salary package with the Secretary. Arranging appointment letters for the selected candidates and induction.
1. To design, develop and deliver the training programmes for students of all colleges under St.Mary's Group.
2. To delegate the training classes to the available Training Faculty.
3. To outsource training and arrange for the tie-ups with the training firms.
4. To arrange for the Faculty Development Programmes.
5. To arrange for the Guest Lectures, Seminars, Workshops.
6. To interact with the Industry and Corporate sector, persuade them to visit our college to conduct Campus Recruitment Drives for Freshers of all the streams.
1. To design and modify the compensation structure such as salary, wages, perks, allowances, insurance, etc.
2. To maintain and supervise the payroll system
3. To provide Salary Statements to the staff
4. To arrange facility and procedure for paying salaries (credited in the Bank) on the 1st of every month.
5. To manage Employee Income Tax issues.
6. To Educate, Communicate and give proper guidance on tax savings and exemptions
7. To design and maintain Leave Policy